Thursday, March 29, 2007

Travel

March 27th was a really busy night. We were all packing last minute things and weighing out bags to make sure they weren’t over weight. On our other website (http://tochinaformeilin.blogspot.com) my mom posted stuff. We had seven, yes SEVEN suite cases!! Half of them are orphanage donations though.

March 28th was an exciting, yet sad a day. We had to say good-bye to our brother/son, Matt. He couldn’t come with us because he had to much school to do and it would take him a really long time to catch up on.
It was really sad. None of us could hold back our tears. We knew we’d miss him so much,(and I already do) and he was so bummed that he couldn’t come with us. Now we have to wait two whole weeks to see him again.
After getting saying good-bye and getting everything in the car we were off!!! We arrived at the airport about forty-five minutes later. We said bye to our grandma (she’s taking care of Matt while we’re gone) and went though security. It didn’t take us to long. We found our gate, waited for about an hour and we got on the plane. I didn’t do much except read like the hugest novel in the world, Eldest. (It’s a really good book by the way!) I also listened to my iPod, but that’s it. We got off, and boarded our plane for us to fly to Tokyo!! This was a really looooong flight. 12 hours of nothing but sitting in your seat either watching a movie, sleeping, listening to babies cry, or reading. It actually wasn’t to bad. The really only bad part about it was that I couldn’t sleep easily, and they have bad food on it. Oh well!

Our flight to Beijing. It was really cool because we had our own TVs in front of our seats and we got to watch our own movies!! The only problem was that they didn’t get them working until about an hour into the flight.

We got off our flight and got to the hotel, and that’s where I am now. I’m so tired! I didn’t sleep on the airplane that much. No more that and hour and a half. I just want to climb into a hard, firm, Chinese bed and go to sleep. The beds aren’t that nice, but after trying to sleep on the airplane, I’ll take just about anything! Oh, I’ve gotta go to sleep now. I’ll post something tomorrow!
(Sorry this post is sooooo boring. . .but there’s nothing to post about for on the plane!)
I’ll post something tomorrow!
Till Later,

China Girl

(P.S. Can anyone tell me who got voted off American Idol Wednesday night?)

4 comments:

Maggie said...

That's neat, thanks for sharing!!

I don't watch American Idol, so someone else will have to answer. But it was someone Elaina didn't want to go and she stopped watching it because he/she left. :-)

LedaP said...

It was Chris Sligh (don't know if that's how you spell it). He's the funny guy with the curly hair who said, "I'm bringing chubby back."

Lauren K. said...

Hi Megan,

That all sounds so cool! I'm sure you can't wait to see your new Mei Mei. I remember how hard it was to wait for Andrew.

Talk To You Later
Lauren Krosley

Lauren K. said...

Megan,

Chris Sligh was voted off A.I.
Lauren Krosley